Client Services Director
Note: to apply for this position please complete and submit the online form at the foot of this post, remembering to upload your CV and covering letter when prompted.
Client Services Director
We are looking for a Client Services Director with a high level of drive, plenty of initiative and a ‘can-do’ attitude, who has proven capabilities from previous client services or account management roles within medical communications. In addition, you will need to have demonstrated strong leadership and collaboration skills, working on either multiple small or single extensive programmes of work, driving high-quality delivery throughout.
As a Client Services Director, you will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a strong track record in business development, with both new and existing clients. Additional attributes you would bring to the business include a strong attention to detail and ability to effectively brief other team members, to ensure excellence in delivery across your account(s).
Our client accounts are each led by a Programme Director*, so the Client Services Director works closely with them to ensure timely and successful delivery of the account programme of work.
You will have responsibility for managing projects and programmes of work, ensuring excellence in delivery while also overseeing the financial status of account(s), and ensuring efficient and effective budget control. You will be supported by other Client Services account team members, and you will have coaching, training and line management responsibilities.
All Client Services Directors need to be able to develop strategic relationships with key clients and external stakeholders, working in partnership with their account Programme Director and Scientific Director, in ensuring the delivery of consistently high-quality work, across all aspects of the account. You will also need to be able to identify and capture business development opportunities within client teams, as well as supporting new business pitches and proposals, (with senior leadership support when required).
Adelphi Communications is a leading global agency providing comprehensive and innovative medical communication solutions to the healthcare industry. Our ethos − TOGETHER WE CAN − speaks to the importance we place on the relationships we build with our valued clients, with other key experts in science and medicine, and within our own staff teams.
Our business efforts focus on five principal disciplines
through which we channel our passion for simply and effectively commanding and communicating highly complex concepts across an impressive range of therapeutic areas. This gives us a compelling approach to developing creative and inspiring solutions to the complex strategic challenges facing our clients.
Adelphi Communications provides the right setting for professionals who want to make a difference, with a vibrant and sociable team environment, intensive on-the-job coaching and a program of targeted training, supplemented by an excellent benefits package. This includes a competitive base salary, generous pension and private health insurance, as well as company bonus and free on-site gym membership.
- Working closely with the account Programme Director and Scientific Director to develop and implement overall account strategy
- Developing long-term client relationships through demonstrating an understanding of their business needs and how to address them, ensuring clients view Adelphi Communications as a strategic partner
- Building client trust through the timely delivery of consistently excellent and innovative programmes of work
- Demonstrating knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the wider Adelphi network to enable development of tailored and insightful solutions to address client needs and requests, which add value beyond the client ‘ask’
- Driving and supporting continuous improvement in operational excellence and account efficiency
- Leading the drive for innovative thinking across your account team, ensuring close collaboration with creative and digital engagement team members
- Providing strategic and tactical input into client and new business proposals, presenting clearly and confidently at pitches and client meetings
- Ensuring the continuing professional development of team members through your line management, coaching and demonstrating a drive for continuous improvement to enable each individual to reach their full potential
- Supporting and participating in internal training and personal development initiatives
Degree level or equivalent (desirable)
Interested in applying?
Please complete the form below and upload your CV together with a covering letter.
Required fields are marked*
Position applying for: Client Services Director
Adelphi Communications UK
Adelphi Mill, Grimshaw Lane,
Bollington, Macclesfield SK10 5JB, UK
T. +44/0 1625 575 500